At Seven Stars we have high expectations for all our pupils. We know our children well and challenge them all to strive to achieve, to do and to be the best they can.
Our pupils are given opportunity to:
- build an increasing and deepening bank of key knowledge (facts and skills) in all subjects
- develop a growth mind-set (resilience) to keep going no matter what
- take personal responsibility for their learning, confidently asking and answering questions, solving problems and responding to feedback.
- work hard through the development of effective learning powers (participation, concentration, pride and resilience)
- show respect, care and empathy to everyone both within school and the wider world
We work hard to develop strong partnerships with parents, carers, families and specialist support agencies, engaging with all members of the Seven Stars community and beyond for the sake of all the children in our care
We value all the staff in school for the many skills they bring and are committed to developing and training the next generation of teachers and support staff (including former pupils)
All staff and governors are ambitious to develop and continue to learn through sharing good practice, attending up to date training opportunities and seeking or giving support wherever we can.
It is our aim for all children to leave Seven Stars as independent learners with self-belief and respect for others, becoming positive citizens with strong values that will make a positive difference to their world.
Our core aims
- To be a safe, happy, caring and supportive community of life-long learners
- To empower all individuals regardless of their race, gender, orientation, background or disability to acquire the skills and knowledge needed to achieve their full potential in a rapidly changing world
- To develop understanding of and respect for a wide range of beliefs, languages and cultural traditions and different ways of life
- To encourage positive parental and community involvement
- To promote healthy lifestyles
- To offer a broad and balanced curriculum that is stimulating, creative and ever responding to a changing world
- To celebrate achievement and keep on learning (even in the face of failure, challenge and set-back)
Our Seven Stars 7 core values
Our Mission Statement
'To create a happy, secure and exciting LEARNING environment in which every member of the school community can grow in confidence and reach their full potential'