OUR SCHOOL VALUES ARE
RESPECT KINDNESS EMPATHY RESPONSIBILITY
RESILIENCE COURAGE PRIDE
At Seven Stars School our values are principles that guide our thinking, our behaviour and our relationships with others.
Every individual at Seven Stars school is valued for who they are and what they contribute to the school.
Values are intended to support the personal, social, emotional and spiritual development of every pupil throughout the school.
The whole staff team, parents and pupils are involved in promoting values and recognising where others are ‘living the values’.
The values developed have been selected after consultation with pupils, staff, governors and parents as values which are important within the school community and which will be important throughout life.
Our values are:
- WOVEN into everything we do at Seven Stars school
- OBVIOUS by how we act, behave, talk and learn
- INTEGRAL to all we are and aspire to be
Our values help us to:
- FOCUS on the principles that help us and our communities (local, national and global) to thrive and flourish in life
- MOTIVATE ourselves and others to become good citizens within a society that cares for each other and for the world
- UNITE as a school community around key agreed principles
Through the Values we aim to:
- Improve behaviour, conduct and self confidence by developing strong values within the pupils at the school.
- Develop pupils understanding of what values are and why they are important in life.
- Encourage children to ‘live the values’ in all aspects of their lives both in school and out.
- Promote values to pupils in every aspect of school life.
- Promote values in the way in which adults interact with each other and with pupils
- Display and celebrate our school values and encourage all visitors to take account of them in their time in the school.
- Encourage parents to support the programme at home by promoting our key values to parents in newsletters and in the entrance foyer.
- Enable children to focus upon the positive aspects of themselves that they can value, thereby reminding them of their individual worth, their worth in the school and wider communities and the worth of those communities themselves.
- To raise standards by promoting a school ethos that is underpinned by core values which support the development of the whole child as a reflective learner within a calm, caring, happy and purposeful atmosphere
- To link our school values with the British Values
- To identify and learn from role models from all walks of life and of all genders, backgrounds, cultures, abilities and ethnicities who demonstrate our school core values