See 'General Information' for the latest school newsletter
KEY EVENTS for Summer 2018
(accurate at the time of being published but please keep looking as dates or times MIGHT change duew to unforeseen circumstances)
Thursday 12th April - Y4 'Internet Safety Assembly' 9am
Friday 13th April – Holiday Homework assembly
Friday 13th April – new Learning Journey curriculum newsletters
Friday 13th April (afternoon – Y6 Parents’ SATs Maths workshop)
Friday 13th April – House-point winners party (Pluto)
Monday 16th April (afternoon) – visit by the Lord Lieutenant of Lancashire Colonel Alan Jolley (assembly and then Year 4 to 6)
Monday 7th May – May bank holiday
Monday 14th May to Thursday 17th May – Year 6 SATs week
Monday 21st May onwards – Year 2 SATs
Monday 28th May to 4th June (inclusive) – Half-term holiday for children
Monday 4th June – INSET (no school)
Tuesday 5th June – children return to school
Tuesday 26th June – Sports Day (Key Stage 1 & 2) weather allowing!
Wednesday 27th June – Sports Day (Early Years) weather allowing!
Tuesday 3rd July – Visit to Leyland Baptist church (self-image)
Thursday 5th July – Reports go out to all parents
Friday 6th July – PTFA Summer Fair (potential date)
Tuesday 10th July – Key Stage 2 end of year performance
Wednesday 11th July – Key Stage 2 evening performance
Thursday 12th July – House-point winners party
Tuesday 17th July – Reception Graduation assembly
Tuesday 17th July – Seven Stars Talent Show (afternoon)
Thursday 19th July – Leavers Assembly (Y6)
Friday 20th July - Star of the Week ('star of the year')
Friday 20th July - School finishes for the Summer at 2pm
(every Thursday morning is parents and toddlers group in the After-school club room)
COMMENTS FROM OUR PARENTS
‘excellent support from ALL staff'
'staff are understanding and genuinely care about the children'
'great environment' 'good teaching' 'everyone is approachable'
'the children are so pleasant'
'my child is excited to come home and tell me about her day at school'
'a family atmosphere in school'
Our School Values
RESPONSIBLITY HONESTY KINDNESS
RESILIENCE TOLERANCE COURAGE
RESPECT EMPATHY DETERMINATION
Are you a 'VIP' (Values Inspired Person)?
‘good’ overall and ‘outstanding’ for personal development, behaviour and welfare.
‘striving for the best is the ambition of all.'
‘Parents are overwhelmingly satisfied with the school and what it does for their children.’
‘Pupils have very positive attitudes and they visibly enjoy learning.'
If you would like to look around our wonderful school to see for yourself please get in touch - if you are new to the area we have spaces in most year groups (including in our full-time Nursery). We look forward to meeting you.
We have an excellent Breakfast club from 8am and an After-school provision to 6pm.
Please click on the link above to find out about the new 30 free hour child-care entitlement.
We have places available in Nursery if you are interested in high quality child-care led by a fully trained and very experienced Nursery teacher and EYFS team.
Stay Safe Online
1) Don’t post any personal information online – like your address, email address or mobile number.
2) Think carefully before posting pictures or videos of yourself. Once you’ve put a picture of yourself online most people can see it and may be able to download it, it’s not just yours anymore.
3) Keep your privacy settings as high as possible
4) Never give out your passwords
5) Don’t befriend people you don’t know
6) Don’t meet up with people you’ve met online. Speak to your parent or carer about people suggesting you do
7) Remember that not everyone online is who they say they are
8) Think carefully about what you say before you post something online
9) Respect other people’s views, even if you don’t agree with someone else’s views doesn’t mean you need to be rude
10) If you see something online that makes you feel uncomfortable, unsafe or worried: leave the website, turn off your computer if you want to and tell a trusted adult immediately.
Click the sainsburys school games link to learn more about the 'sainsburys school sports award'