A white Renault van approached a pupil from Lever House school on Wednesday evening about 5pm - with a man getting out of the van. The Police have asked us to remind pupils and parents about stranger danger and to be vigilant.
Well done to our amazing Year 6 children who have achieved some great results in their end of year SATs. We achieved 62% combined which is above the 61% national average and our Reading has once again beaten the national average. Our Writing and Grammar results were also an improvement on last year's school results. Well done everyone!
Read the latest Seven Stars news by clicking on the link above
Read the review of 2016-17 here
So much to be proud of!
KEY EVENTS for 2017/18
Tuesday 5th September - school re-opens for children (Reception children will be in for just the morning until 12 noon)
Week of 5th September - Roald Dahl week
Wednesday 6th September 3.30pm - Hothersall Lodge meeting for parents of Year 6 children going to Hothersall Lodge
Friday 8th September - Roald Dahl Day (dress as a Roald Dahl character or come in yellow - to raise money for seriously ill children)
Wednesday 13th September to Friday 15th September - Year 6 at Hothersall Lodge
Wednesday 20th September - Scholastic Book Fair arrives for one week
Wednesday 27th September - MacMillan Coffee Morning
Week of 9th October - Seven Stars SCIENCE WEEK
My child "has progressed fabulously in this school. She absolutely loves coming and cannot wait for the holidays to be over! Absolutely amazing school." (Parent feedback November 2016)
"Fantastic school. Really happy I chose Seven Stars." (Parent feedback November 2016)
"since my children have joined this school progression has been brilliant"
‘good’ overall and ‘outstanding’ for personal development, behaviour and welfare.
‘striving for the best is the ambition of all.'
‘Parents are overwhelmingly satisfied with the school and what it does for their children.’
‘Pupils have very positive attitudes and they visibly enjoy learning.'
If you would like to look around our wonderful school to see for yourself please get in touch - if you are new to the area we have spaces in most year groups (including in our full-time Nursery). We look forward to meeting you.
We have an excellent Breakfast club from 8am and an After-school provision to 6pm.
Nursery places - September
Please click on the link above to find out about the new 30 free hour child-care entitlement starting in September. Let us know as soon as you can if you think you may need a place in Nursery (Moons) class for September and how many hours you may need (and when).
Young Voices 2017|
We had an extremely successful trip to Manchester to participate in the Young Voices choir. We sang with 8500 other children and the concert was amazing. The children represented Seven Stars brilliantly and thoroughly enjoyed themselves with some saying they didn't want to leave as they had had 'the best night ever'.
Below are some of the photos of the event.
Stay Safe Online
1) Don’t post any personal information online – like your address, email address or mobile number.
2) Think carefully before posting pictures or videos of yourself. Once you’ve put a picture of yourself online most people can see it and may be able to download it, it’s not just yours anymore.
3) Keep your privacy settings as high as possible
4) Never give out your passwords
5) Don’t befriend people you don’t know
6) Don’t meet up with people you’ve met online. Speak to your parent or carer about people suggesting you do
7) Remember that not everyone online is who they say they are
8) Think carefully about what you say before you post something online
9) Respect other people’s views, even if you don’t agree with someone else’s views doesn’t mean you need to be rude
10) If you see something online that makes you feel uncomfortable, unsafe or worried: leave the website, turn off your computer if you want to and tell a trusted adult immediately.
Click the sainsburys school games link to learn more about the 'sainsburys school sports award'