It's been a busy and wonderful start to the year and we are so proud of all the children and how they have settled in. Please click on the link above to read our latest newsletter with crucial information and news.
Well done to all the Year 6 pupils who are at Hothersall Lodge. They are due to return today about 3pm. So far they have canoed, pond-dipped, abseiled, climbed, zip-wired, rolled in mud and generally had an amazing time of confidence building and team-bonding. We can't wait to hear the stories of achievement and fun!
Applying for School Places for September 2018
For Lancashire resident families who require a primary or secondary school place in September 2018 the means of application is via Lancashire’s on-line system (which is now live) at:-
www.lancashire.gov.uk/schools (Please note there will be no paper application forms sent out this year)
You must apply even if you already have siblings at your preferred school.
The closing dates for applications for September 2018 are at 11.59pm on:-
Secondary school applications – 31 October 2017
Primary school applications – 15 January 2018
KEY EVENTS for 2017/18
Tuesday 19th September - PTFA meeting after school (3.30pm)
Wednesday 20th September - Scholastic Book Fair arrives for one week
Wednesday 27th September - MacMillan Coffee Morning (Mrs Butterworth visiting with Max)
Week of 9th October - Seven Stars SCIENCE WEEK
Well done to our amazing Year 6 children from 2016-17 who achieved some great results in their end of year SATs. We achieved 62% combined which is above the 61% national average and our Reading has once again beaten the national average. Our Writing and Grammar results were also an improvement on last year's school results. Well done everyone!
We hope our last year's Year 6 pupils are settling in to their new High School - please come and vist!
Read the review of 2016-17 here
So much to be proud of!
My child "has progressed fabulously in this school. She absolutely loves coming and cannot wait for the holidays to be over! Absolutely amazing school." (Parent feedback November 2016)
"Fantastic school. Really happy I chose Seven Stars." (Parent feedback November 2016)
"since my children have joined this school progression has been brilliant"
‘good’ overall and ‘outstanding’ for personal development, behaviour and welfare.
‘striving for the best is the ambition of all.'
‘Parents are overwhelmingly satisfied with the school and what it does for their children.’
‘Pupils have very positive attitudes and they visibly enjoy learning.'
If you would like to look around our wonderful school to see for yourself please get in touch - if you are new to the area we have spaces in most year groups (including in our full-time Nursery). We look forward to meeting you.
We have an excellent Breakfast club from 8am and an After-school provision to 6pm.
Please click on the link above to find out about the new 30 free hour child-care entitlement.
We have places available in Nursery if you are interested in high quality child-care led by a fully trained and very experienced Nursery teacher and EYFS team.
Young Voices 2017|
We had an extremely successful trip to Manchester to participate in the Young Voices choir. We sang with 8500 other children and the concert was amazing. The children represented Seven Stars brilliantly and thoroughly enjoyed themselves with some saying they didn't want to leave as they had had 'the best night ever'.
Below are some of the photos of the event.
Stay Safe Online
1) Don’t post any personal information online – like your address, email address or mobile number.
2) Think carefully before posting pictures or videos of yourself. Once you’ve put a picture of yourself online most people can see it and may be able to download it, it’s not just yours anymore.
3) Keep your privacy settings as high as possible
4) Never give out your passwords
5) Don’t befriend people you don’t know
6) Don’t meet up with people you’ve met online. Speak to your parent or carer about people suggesting you do
7) Remember that not everyone online is who they say they are
8) Think carefully about what you say before you post something online
9) Respect other people’s views, even if you don’t agree with someone else’s views doesn’t mean you need to be rude
10) If you see something online that makes you feel uncomfortable, unsafe or worried: leave the website, turn off your computer if you want to and tell a trusted adult immediately.
Click the sainsburys school games link to learn more about the 'sainsburys school sports award'