Ofsted report – November 2016
‘striving for the best is the ambition of all.'
We are over the moon with our recent Ofsted report which graded the school ‘good’ overall and ‘outstanding’ for personal development, behaviour and welfare.
‘Parents are overwhelmingly satisfied with the school and what it does for their children.’
‘Pupils have very positive attitudes and they visibly enjoy learning.'
If you would like to look around our wonderful school to see for yourself please get in touch - if you are new to the area we have spaces in most year groups (including in our full-time Nursery) and applications for Reception for September 2017 can be made on-line on the Lancashire web-site (closing date is 15th January 2017). We look forward to meeting you.
My child "has progressed fabulously in this school. She absolutely loves coming and cannot wait for the holidays to be over! Absolutely amazing school." (Parent feedback November 2016)
"Fantastic school. Really happy I chose Seven Stars." (Parent feedback November 2016)
"since my children have joined this school progression has been brilliant"
KEY EVENTS SPRING
Our 'Values' for the Spring term are
'HONESTY AND EMPATHY'
(we will also continue embedding our previous values of Resilience, Respect and Tolerance)
Friday 20th January - Star of the Week: Foundation Subject enthusiasm (e.g. History, Music, Art, PE)
Friday 27th January - Star of the Week: Foundation Subject progress
Wednesday 1st February - Young Voices choir in Manchester
Friday 3rd February - Star of the Week: Healthy Lifestyle
- Spelling Bee competition (between House teams)
Tuesday 7th February - Safer Internet Day
Thursday 9th February - Leo (Y5) Class Assembly
Friday 10th February - Star of the Week: Handwriting & Shining Stars
HALF-TERM HOLIDAY: break up at 3.25pm on 10th February
Monday 20th February - Return to school for all children
Friday 24th February - Star of the Week: Holiday homework
Friday 3rd March - Star of the Week: Writing effort (& launch of whole school writing project)
Monday 6th March - PARENTS' EVENING
Friday 10th March - Star of the Week: Mental Maths skills
6th to 13th March - Whole School Writing Week(details to be announced nearer to the date)
Friday 17th March - Star of the Week: Writing Project winners
Thursday 23rd March (9.15am) - Car Crime Assembly (Pegasus class - Y4)
Friday 24th March - Star of the Week: Healthy Lifestyle 2
20th to 24th March - Healthy School Week
Thursday 30th March - House-point winners party
Friday 31st March - Star of the Week: Handwriting and Shining Stars
- EASTER ASSEMBLY 1pm
- School closes at 2pm
EASTER HOLIDAY: break up at 2pm on 31st March
Tuesday 18th April - Children return to school
Stay Safe Online
1) Don’t post any personal information online – like your address, email address or mobile number.
2) Think carefully before posting pictures or videos of yourself. Once you’ve put a picture of yourself online most people can see it and may be able to download it, it’s not just yours anymore.
3) Keep your privacy settings as high as possible
4) Never give out your passwords
5) Don’t befriend people you don’t know
6) Don’t meet up with people you’ve met online. Speak to your parent or carer about people suggesting you do
7) Remember that not everyone online is who they say they are
8) Think carefully about what you say before you post something online
9) Respect other people’s views, even if you don’t agree with someone else’s views doesn’t mean you need to be rude
10) If you see something online that makes you feel uncomfortable, unsafe or worried: leave the website, turn off your computer if you want to and tell a trusted adult immediately.
Click the sainsburys school games link to learn more about the 'sainsburys school sports award'