Lancashire County Council's Safe & Healthy Travel Team have organised FREE child car seat checking events with qualified experts from Child Seat Safety Ltd.
There is an event in:
Wednesday 22nd March 2017 10am – 3pm
MORRISON'S OLYMPIAN WAY, LEYLAND PR25 3UR
The events aim to raise awareness of common car seat fitting errors and how to rectify them to improve in-car child safety, giving families peace of mind that their child seat is correctly fitted.
My child "has progressed fabulously in this school. She absolutely loves coming and cannot wait for the holidays to be over! Absolutely amazing school." (Parent feedback November 2016)
"Fantastic school. Really happy I chose Seven Stars." (Parent feedback November 2016)
"since my children have joined this school progression has been brilliant"
‘good’ overall and ‘outstanding’ for personal development, behaviour and welfare.
‘striving for the best is the ambition of all.'
‘Parents are overwhelmingly satisfied with the school and what it does for their children.’
‘Pupils have very positive attitudes and they visibly enjoy learning.'
If you would like to look around our wonderful school to see for yourself please get in touch - if you are new to the area we have spaces in most year groups (including in our full-time Nursery). We look forward to meeting you.
KEY EVENTS SPRING
Our 'Values' for the Spring term are
'HONESTY AND EMPATHY'
(we will also continue embedding our previous values of Resilience, Respect and Tolerance)
Friday 17th March - Star of the Week: Science
Thursday 23rd March (9.15am) - Car Crime Assembly (Pegasus class - Y4)
Friday 24th March - COMIC RELIEF 'CRAZY HEAD' DAY: crazy hair or hat
(+ own clothes) to raise money for Comic Relief
Star of the Week: Healthy Lifestyle
Tuesday 28th March - Easter Unwrapped - Years 4 to 6
Tuesday 28th March - EASTER BINGO (PTFA event) after school
Thursday 30th March - House-point winners party
Friday 31st March - Star of the Week: Handwriting and Shining Stars
- EASTER ASSEMBLY (parents invited) 1pm
- School closes at 2pm
EASTER HOLIDAY: break up at 2pm on 31st March
Tuesday 18th April - Children return to school
Young Voices 2017|
We had an extremely successful trip to Manchester to participate in the Young Voices choir. We sang with 8500 other children and the concert was amazing. The children represented Seven Stars brilliantly and thoroughly enjoyed themselves with some saying they didn't want to leave as they had had 'the best night ever'.
Below are some of the photos of the event.
Stay Safe Online
1) Don’t post any personal information online – like your address, email address or mobile number.
2) Think carefully before posting pictures or videos of yourself. Once you’ve put a picture of yourself online most people can see it and may be able to download it, it’s not just yours anymore.
3) Keep your privacy settings as high as possible
4) Never give out your passwords
5) Don’t befriend people you don’t know
6) Don’t meet up with people you’ve met online. Speak to your parent or carer about people suggesting you do
7) Remember that not everyone online is who they say they are
8) Think carefully about what you say before you post something online
9) Respect other people’s views, even if you don’t agree with someone else’s views doesn’t mean you need to be rude
10) If you see something online that makes you feel uncomfortable, unsafe or worried: leave the website, turn off your computer if you want to and tell a trusted adult immediately.
Click the sainsburys school games link to learn more about the 'sainsburys school sports award'